Sat, Dec 04|
Opacity and Transparency with Pastels. Dawn Emerson
This unique workshop will allow you to explore endless possibilities of the pastel medium.
Time & Location
Dec 04, 2021, 9:00 AM PST – Dec 05, 2021, 4:00 PM PST
About the event
This is a zoom workshop from 9am till 4pm with 1 hour for lunch each day. Dawn requests that the participants keep video on during the class for more of the face-on experience.
This class offers the opportunity to try many of the techniques and ideas presented in Dawn's
book, Pastel Innovations, plus approaches developed since the book was written. During this
fast paced class there will be many short demos followed immediately by time to apply each
technique shown. The focus of the class is to learn new ways to incorporate PanPastels with
traditional soft stick pastel to include nuances of opacity and transparent color in your work.
* PanPastels--- 3 primary + black& white (+any other colors you have)
* Applicator--the large PanPastel applicator I use is called a large angle slice applicator and comes available in packages of 2 (available anywhere that sells PanPastel)
* Stick Pastels: SOFT pastel sticks including (naked—wrappers off)
* Stick of Diane Townsend Dry Pigment Ground: -any light color is fine, OR you may substitue with light color of Diane Townsend Terrage Stick pastel
*1 pad Strathmore Printmaking Paper Series 300 either 11x14 or 18x24 (comes 30 shts/pad)
PALETTE: 8x10” min. plexi or glass surface to roll out water mixable oil
STENCILS: a few thin pattern stencils
ERASURE: 1 kneaded eraser and 1 hard plastic eraser
WATER MIXABLE OIL PAINT:
small tube each WHITE and BLACK water mixable oil (Holbein “Duo,” Winsor Newton, etc.)
*one soft rubber brayer 3-4” (ie., Speedball)
*5 feet of wax paper (grocery store item)
* 1” masking tape or artists' tape
* flat razor blade or box cutter blade
* paper towels
* mark making tools like shapers, combs, scrapers, sticks, etc.
* knitting needle or embossing tool
This event is set up to promote the collaboration between the RRPSNV and NPS the "Art of Pastel" Exhibition
For our Red Rock Members to get the best rate at anytime
You can participate in our event as a guest and make a decision about joining our group later!